Thursday 12 September 2013



Hello Everyone,

 Chile has hundreds of great beaches so I thought it would be nice if you could write about a beach that you like. Beaches are also important for geographers so this task ia also related to your studies.
 I'm not really fond of sitting on the beach sunbathing. If I go to the beach I prefer to walk and look at things. One of the beach walks I like is from Maitencillo to Colchagua. I haven't done it for a couple of years but I have fond memories of the times I've done it. If you set off from La Laguna in Maitencillo walking North along the coast it will take about 2 hours or so to get to Cachagua. Some parts are a little difficult and they may be cut off by the tide depending on the time of the year. Also, if you do this walk in the summer you need to take drinking water and sunblock. I once saw this huge vulture there.
 The beaches at the beginning and end of the walk are both long sandy bays. In between there are some beaches with pebbles and others with large boulders. Often you can see sea otters and lots of interesting seabirds.
 If you don't like walking, the beach at Maitencillo is good for surfing, horse-riding, kite-flying or just sitting in the sun. It gets quite crowded in the summer so I tend to go out of season.
 Write about a beach you like.
 Say:
 Where it is,
 How often you go there,
 What you do there,
 Why you like it.
 Mention anything else you thing is important. Write at least 220 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I also think that Chile has a hundred of beautiful beaches, and I would like to see them all, but I haven´t , so this task made me very sad beacause I only know a few beaches :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that beaches are pretty, but i don't like too much, i prefer the Mountains, with more vegetation, and the Desert. also i'm a little bit scared about the Sea power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from the region of Valparaiso, but I don't know the beaches that you mention here. All my friend always go there and they invite me, but I prefer some beaches more peaceful. Maitencillo, in summer, is always full of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thing that Chile it usually has many beautiful beaches. I go to Maitencillo many years ago, but I dont remember may things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go there, I have many friends that said that is beautiful. But if I go sometime I'm not going to be in the water, I like more to walk in the beachs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't visit frecuently the beach because I prefer the south of Chile. But I think that the beach is more beautiful place to go in any period of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Maitencillo... I hears that is a beach "ABC1" jajajjaj, I often go to more popular beach, like el Tabo.

    ReplyDelete